Friday, March 26, 2010

Getting to the root of opioid addictions - Topix

Link The root of the problems begins with doctors not supervising their patients. Not keeping up with their pain management issues and doing their jobs. They provided too many pain pills uneccessarily to too many patient's. Without supervision and checking them after they took the meds for a while. They just wrote scripts and left the patients on their own to get addicted. As for the heroin users they are just trying to numb themselves from reality. They all have some sort of underlying problems in their lives otherwise they wouldn't need to be self medicating themselves for numerous years on end! I am a perfect example of this, I used drugs & alcohol for the past 35+ years, I was self medicating. Because of depression, and other issues in my life. I am now in Recovery and in the Opioid MMT program. I am sucessfully drugfree for the past 3 1/2yrs now. I never been sucessful before. I am now and loving the non-drug use of illicit drugs.I wished I would have done this sooner, but I didn't even know about this option. I could have had a better life before now! I say that methadone has helped me out of lifetime of drug abuse. I am looking forward to the future now and before I could never had said them words ever in my lifetime

No comments: