Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Helping your fellow man in Recovery. By Debra Rincon Lopez

I would like to commend you for your outlook. It's really refreshing and inspiring.I have 3 yrs clean, we just got a new counselor at our meetings and she has 3 yrs clean & sober also. I thought to myself, I could be a counselor by now helping others with Addiction & Alcohol problems. Especially that I am Native American, we need all the help that we can get. Especially role models of recovered Addicts. It has made me take a real good look at myself and wonder what I'm waiting for? I have been helping other's any chance that I get. But, being a Counselor & getting paid isn't the same. I would be actually being doing something for my fellow man. I have alot of thinking to do. I have accumulated alot of tools in my soberiety. It my chance to use them to better someone else now!

No comments: