Monday, October 4, 2010

The RED ROAD A return to the Circle (16 Steps of Empowerment)

RED ROAD ~ A Return To The Circle

(16 Steps of Empowerment)

f

1. We affirm we have the power to take charge of our lives and
stop being dependent on substances or other people for our
self-esteem and security.
2. We come to believe the Great Spirit awakens the healing wisdom
within us when we open ourselves to that power.
3. We make a decision to become our authentic selves and trust in
the healing power of the truth.
4. We examine our beliefs, addictions, and dependent behavior in
the context of living in a hierarchal, patriarchal culture.
5. We share with another person and the universe all those things
inside of us for which we feel shame and guilt.
6. We affirm and enjoy our strengths, talents, and creativity,
striving not to hide these qualities to protect others' egos.
7. We become willing to let go of shame, guilt, and any behavior
that keeps us from loving ourselves and others.
8. We make a list of people we have harmed and people who have
harmed us and take steps to clear out negative energy by making
amends and sharing our grievances in a respectful way.
9. We express love and gratitude to others, and increasingly
appreciate the wonder of life and the blessings we do have.
10. We continue to trust our reality and daily affirm that we see
what we see, we know what we know, and we feel what we feel.
11. We promptly acknowledge our mistakes and make amends
when appropriate, but we do not say we are sorry for things we have
not done, and we do not cover up, analyze, or take responsibility for
the shortcomings of others.
12. We seek out situations, jobs, and people that affirm our
intelligence, perceptions, and self-worth to avoid situations or people
who are hurtful, harmful, or demeaning to us.
13. We take steps to heal our physical bodies, organize our lives,
reduce stress, and have fun.
14. We seek to find our inward calling and develop the will and
wisdom to follow it.
15. We accept the ups and downs of life as natural events that can
be used as lessons for our growth.
16. We grow an awareness that we are inter-related with all living
things and we contribute to restoring peace and balance on Mother
Earth.

f

Native American Serenity Prayer

Oh Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the winds
and whose breath gives life to all the world
Hear me
I come before you, one of your children
I am small and weak,
I need your strength and wisdom
Let me walk in beauty and
make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset.
Make my hands respect the things you have made
my ears sharp to hear your voice
Make me wise, so that I may know
the things you have taught my People
the lesson you have hidden in every leaf and rock
I seek strength, not to be superior to my brothers
but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself
Make me ever ready to come to you
with clean hands and straight eyes,
so when life fades as a fading sunset
My Spirit may come to you without shame.


~ Mitakuye Oyasin

No comments: