Monday, March 12, 2012

HERE are some PHRASE WORDS of KLAMATH TRIBAL LANGUAGE

Try practicing these everyday phrases:
waq lis ?i = How are you?
dam ?i dic gi = Are you well?
moo dic = Very well!
moo ?an dic hoslta = I feel great, I am feeling very fine.
noo ?a maans dic been ciiyank = I have lived well for a long time.
waq ?i hoslta = How are you feeling?
dam ?i sil?a = Do you feel sick?
q'ay ?an hoslta pac'it = I don't feel well now.
dat ?a mis m'aas?a = Where are you hurting?
satmi qyoqs = Call the Doctor.
dat mi yawqs = Where is your medicine?
sat'waaYi ?is = Help me!
sepk'eec'a = Thank You.
moo ?ams ni stinta = I love you very much.
q'a noo dic'eew'ank mis = I like you very much.
?iyyamni dic'ii waytas pac'it = Have a nice day today.
qadak y'a = Really!
nee ?a qadak = Thats right!
ginaatdal' gepgi = Come this way!
goniitdal' gen = Go that way!
balaq hak = Hurry up!
?on'cee gepgabli = Coming right back.
?at ?a naat ?iWLaLLoon?a genwapk = Now we're going to Klamath Falls.
mboosant cee noo mis been sleewapk = I'll see you again tomorrow.
Lila ?an q'ay mis dola genank = I regret not having gone with you.
Lila ?a ni na?as hemiiGyank = I regret having said that.
san'aaWawli ?a naat s?odees q'a = We want to work hard.
GeGoowapk ?a ni s?odees Goqs gen waytas = I will try to make a dress today.
?at ?an Gattk'a = Now I am cold.
s?abii ?is s?as?apGlee?as = Tell me a story
Gaayakca = go look for (someone)
Asking

Here are some common questions and requests:
dwaa dal hoot = What is that?
q'ay noo s?aywakta = I don't understand?
waq dal ?i gee ?ewksiknii ?elGank = How do you say that in Klamath?
k'ewn'i hemkangi = Talk slower!
waq dal ?i seesetk = What is your name?
gew ?a seesas _____ = My name is ____
kani dal hoot = Who is that?
kani dal hoot sn'eweets = Who is that woman?
dat dal ?i gena = Where are you going.
danqn'i ?i ?iLoolatk = How old are you?
dwaa ?i san'aaWawli = What do you want?
q'ay dwaa = Nothing.

No comments: