Monday, August 16, 2010

God will remove our transgressions from us

God will remove our transgressions from us

Ps. 103:11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him;

12as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. 13As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; 16the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. 17But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children-- 18with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts.

Commentary:

Note man's response to God's forgiveness. He responds by keeping God's covenant and His precepts (laws and decrees). Look for this very powerful theme through the rest of this compilation, especially in Christ's words and in the epistles.

Prov. 10:19 When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.

Prov. 14:33 Wisdom reposes in the heart of the discerning and even among fools she lets herself be known.

34Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people.

Prov. 16:5 The LORD detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.

6Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the LORD a man avoids evil.

Prov. 22:10 Drive out the mocker, and out goes strife; quarrels and insults are ended.

11He who loves a pure heart and whose speech is gracious will have the king for his friend. 12The eyes of the LORD keep watch over knowledge, but he frustrates the words of the unfaithful.

Isa. 1:15 [The Lord says] When you spread out your hands in prayer, I will hide my eyes from you; even if you offer many prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are full of blood;

16wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight! Stop doing wrong, 17learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow. 18"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

Isa. 43:24 You have not bought any fragrant calamus for me, or lavished on me the fat of your sacrifices. But you have burdened me with your sins and wearied me with your offenses.

25"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.

Isa. 49:26 I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh; they will be drunk on their own blood, as with wine. Then all mankind will know that I, the LORD, am your Savior, your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob."

Isa. 50:1 This is what the LORD says: "Where is your mother's certificate of divorce with which I sent her away? Or to which of my creditors did I sell you? Because of your sins you were sold; because of your transgressions your mother was sent away.

2When I came, why was there no one? When I called, why was there no one to answer? Was my arm too short to ransom you? Do I lack the strength to rescue you? By a mere rebuke I dry up the sea, I turn rivers into a desert; their fish rot for lack of water and die of thirst

No comments: