Friday, August 13, 2010

TRUST IN JESUS AT ALL TIMES

You called out to me and I came hurrying to you
You are worrying much more than I ever knew
The burdens you bear are more than just a few
And I am here to listen, that's what friends do.
You say you are a sinner but aren't we all after all
You say you are heartsick and feel so very small
Well, I can't forgive sins or change water into wine
But I know a man, a precious friend of mine.
I can't move the mountains that stand in your way
And I can't bring you sunshine for a brighter day
But I know a Redeemer and Jesus is His name
Oh what a friend The Lord has became.
Through valleys of darkness you've walked alone
Until now you are helpless and feel hope is gone
I can't lift you from the darkness out of the shame
But I know someone and Jesus is His name.
You can lean on me as long as you need to talk
But I can't heal you or raise the lame to walk
It is Jesus who sustains, His love will ease your pains
And His blood on the cross washed away your stains.
You feel your life is over and there's no use to carry on
You believe you are forsaken and left on your own
Well, I am here because I care and that's at least two
For The Lord who loves me also loves you.
I can't calm a sea or the angry tempest in your head
Or multiply fishes or raise the living from the dead
But I know a man who can and Jesus is His name
The worker of miracles and hopes eternal flame.
Lord Jesus is light on the darkest day when you pray
He is endless love and salvation for those who stray
I love you too but I can't promise God's plan
I can't save your soul but Jesus Christ can

No comments: